They say that the Death of PC gaming is coming. With the kinds of games that are coming out to the market and into the shelves of retailers, Most which are graphics intensive and need a tons of resources if it’s to be ported to the PC, but what consoles lack is what PC games excel in, and that’s playability and the replay value. Games like Sid Meier’s Civilization, the PC version of Grand Theft Auto.. etc.
I’m a gamer, I own a couple own of consoles (xbox 360, PS2, PS3) it has it advantages and disadvantages, specifically my Xbox 360 has RROD problems even after the repairs has been done, my PS3 didn’t not come into terms with the hype and there’s not enough games. My Ps2 well, it didn’t even gave me problems. ohh I forgot, I trashed about 23 controllers and still My PS2 is working.
Now the Advantages of PC Gaming
- Controls: A keyboard and mouse combo is the best way to go especially on First Person shooters, try aiming or sniping with a Dual-Stick Controller unlesss you’re used to it, it might take some time to aim or even frag an enemy, remember every seconds count on FPS games.
- Mods: What I like about PC Gaming is that you can create mods and/or add mods other users created out. Remember the Batman Begins Mod for GTA, I like that, can you do that with the console version, I think not!
- Tweaks: Tweaking is art, and if you apply that gaming you can push the limits your PC for that added performance boost.
- HEX Editing: PC games are notorious for cheats done by hex editing either the savegames or the main application by changing the numerical values kinda reminds me of my old-school gaming habits when I used to play Might and Magic 3. I’d fire up my hex editor and search for the hex value for my experience points so that I can boost my stats,skills to near-GOD status, and I still do it (hex editing) when I’m playing Fallout 2.
- Free Online Multiplayer: Playing online for free! Need I say more, there are lots of free online multiplayer games that I enjoy like Freestyle Online Philippines for example! Although Xbox Live is great and all you still have to choke up added cash. On the PC, you can play against opponents and have a LAN party.