The Dashboard update that has been talked about for the last few days has been released. When your Xbox 360 connects to Xbox Live, it will automatically update the system, making the changes and updates listed below:
- Improvements to the Xbox Guide
- Option to retain your saved games when you delete a profile
- Increased accuracy of “last time played”
- Network configuration improvements for Xbox Live members in the Netherlands
- More detailed messaging for unreadable disk or region errors
- Stopping people from using the Kiosk “Demo Disc”
One noticed item left off the update was camera support which was widely rumoured to be included, but the real shock of the update was the patch to stop people from using the Kiosk Demo Disc that has been flying around, letting people run the same demos as those on the kiosks in stores, and run videos not normally on the disk. Interesting… I suppose we can expect the same type of problem for any “hack” or exploit of the Xbox 360, but we will have to wait and see.