Things are looking up for E3 this year, atleast for Xbox 360 fans as a press release highlights some of what we can hope to see at the gaming expo.
For the first time ever, Xbox brings E3 – the biggest video game event of the year – to the people, by inviting the world to engage in the full Xbox Live experience free for an entire week. From 12:01am PDT Monday May 8 –11:59pm PDT Sunday May 14, connected gamers can access the best of E3 content, including the first-ever Gears of War high-definition game trailer on Xbox Live Marketplace, the playable demo of Capcom’s Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, and Game with Fame multiplayer sessions live from the floor with celebrities like Dave Navarro (Panic Channel), Method Man and Jenny McCarthy.
During E3 week, Xbox 360 fans will be able to download game demos and trailers from the hottest E3 titles and experience them in high definition. Over 60 pieces of new downloadable content will be available to gamers this week including:
- Playable game demos and/or trailers from highly anticipated titles like:
- Crackdown (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Dead or Alive® : Xtreme 2 (Tecmo)
- The Lord of the Rings ™, The Battle for Middle Earth™ II (EA Los Angeles)
- Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (Capcom)
- Moto GP™ ’06 (THQ)
- Sonic the Hedgehog™ (Sega)
- Splinter Cell Double Agent ™ (Ubisoft)
- Test Drive Unlimited (Atari)
- Viva Piñata (Microsoft Game Studios)
- Plus a flood of HD trailers from games that have yet to be announced
- Call of Duty®2 – New Multiplayer Map Packs (Activision)
- The release of UNO on Xbox Live Arcade
- Game with Fame celebrity gaming sessions with stars like Jenny McCarthy, Method Man and Panic Channel (Featuring Dave Navarro, Stephen Perkins, Chris Chaney and Steve Isaacs).
- Play and Win contests with the latest Xbox 360 and Xbox Live Arcade titles
- Exclusive high-definition blockbuster movie trailer downloads
- Limited edition E3 Gamerpics and Themes
- A Backstage Pass to see developers preparing for E3