Xbox360Fanboy has come up with a list of predictions for the Xbox 360 over 2006. I don’t know how much of them are going to come true, but I see some interesting points in the list that could hold a lot of credibility, especially if Microsoft is smart.
- There will be a significant marketplace overhaul.
- An iTunes-like service is headed our way.
- An unexpected peripheral will make Nintendo say, “We should have done that!”.
- No user created content until 2007.
- Peter Moore and J. Allard will increasingly battle it out for Xbox poster boy status
Some of the ones that interest me the most is the marketplace overhaul and the iTunes-like service. I don’t know if I would buy music that I could only use on my Xbox 360, unless it was tracks specifically for certain games, like more driving music, or fighting music for driving and fighting games. Listening to tracks off the radio or popular music don’t always fit well with gaming.
As for the marketplace overhaul, I don’t see any real need for major changes in the marketplace. I find it does its task rather well, but I do think that a better interface might be needed as more and more content is added.
Check out the full list for their reasons behind these predictions.