Well, the spring update is finally here. It includes over 125 new bug fixes, features, user interface improvements and enhancements all in a reasonably quick update.
The biggest feature it includes is the background downloading application that allows you to queue up six downloads to download while you do other things on the console. Thank goodness for that! You can now fast foward and rewind videos downloaded from the marketplace now, just like you always should have been able to.
Some other improvements include:
- Custom background music now continues to play without interruption during game loads and when transitioning from game to game or disc content.
- During music play, the music playback screen now showcase the artist, song title and time remaining on the song along with a visualizer showing which song on the playlist or album is currently playing.
- DVD Movie Playback Upgrades
- DVD movie bookmarking now allows gamers to pause a movie at any point, put in a game for gameplay and return to the movie at the exact point it left off.
- Improved DVD movie playback for a smoother, higher quality viewing experience, including additional VGA support.
Also, for people like me that are always leaving a disc in the console, you now have the option of booting right to the Xbox 360, rather than the disc in the machine. Ahh…Microsoft…you renewed my love affair with my Xbox 360. My fiance is going to hate you.