I don’t know if this would be a dream job, or the job from hell, as in the description in the bottom, 14 hour days are mentioned. I think it would be great to be an editor for an online publication like IGN, but most of the duties are similar to mine here. Though I have not put in a 14 hour day yet, I have come close.
Editor, PlayStation Team
Duties: Editors are responsible for general day-to-day writing and publishing duties and are the voices of the site they work for. Daily tasks include writing and publishing daily channel-specific content including but not limited to news, features, previews, and reviews, maintaining a database of important channel-related contacts, as well as traveling and reporting on industry-related events.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Outstanding writing skills
- At least two years writing experience at a Website or journalistic publication
- Extensive knowledge of PlayStation 2 games
- Excellent verbal and social skills
- Experience with html
- Extensive knowledge of the gaming industry, including specific games, publishers and developers
- Love and acceptance of all videogame systems, including GameCube, PSP, Xbox, GBA and PCs
- Winning attitude
- Experience with video recording, capturing or editing a plus
- Can work in the San Francisco Bay area
Many an amateur has made the mistake that working at IGN is a cakewalk, that all we do is “play games for a living.” All of these fools have been sorely mistaken after working 14-hour days, staying up all night writing about horrible games that no one wants to play, and posting 500 screenshots of Pokémon creatures.
For more information, check out this link.