Finding the best drones under $100 is not an impossible task. Drones are really fun to have. They are great to use for travel, blogging, or everyday fun. Although, we have to admit that they could be quite expensive with high-end ones ranging between $1,500 to $2,000.
Buying expensive drones, especially if it’s your first, can be overwhelming. The good thing is there are good drones that sell for under $100. Here are some of the best drones under $100 that will give you a bang for your buck.
This is a good drone model as it was designed by the popular DJI company (one of the most popular drone manufacturers in the world). Sold at only $99, this is one of the most recommendable models of affordable drones on the market. It could really be considered one of the best drones under $100.
- The drone can be programmed using Scratch programming language
- Does not have a remote control but can be controlled via smartphone (for both Andriod and iOS)
- Total flight time is only about 5 minutes
- Extra controller costs an additional $50
- Can have a learning curve for beginner users
A good number of entry-level drones in the market can only record 720p quality images. The Holy Stone HS 110D is probably one of the few “affordable drones” that offers 1080p camera quality.
- Has a 1080p camera
- Easy to fly
- Flight time is only around 8 minutes
Generally marketed as a toy, the Tomzon A31 is of incredible quality. It is designed generally as a toy, so it is sure that it is lightweight and easy to carry. Also, out of all the “affordable drones”, it has one of the longest flight times totaling 18 minutes. You can have it for less than $50.
- Long flying time
- Easy to use for beginners
- Sold as a toy so expect not such a high-end quality
If you’re a beginner and you are looking for a drone you could practice on, the Sanrock U52 is a good bet. Sold at only It has a considerable airtime of 13 minutes which is at par with a lot of good entry-level drones in the market. The best feature – the package comes with two free batteries that could almost triple the total flight time.
- It is easy to fly making it beginner-friendly
- One-key take-off and landing
- Free batteries extend flight time
- Other affordable drones may have better camera quality than this
- Camera is limited to only 720p HD
This particular drone is fun to use as there are multiple means of control. It could be controlled via smartphone, voice, and even gesture. It can even do flips and rolls, which is unique only to this model. Other entry-level drones of this level cannot do such a function. It is all fun and games once you have this drone in the sky.
- Voice and gesture control function
- Flip and roll feature
- Not available on Amazon
Also read: 5 Alpine Green iPhone Cases Below $25