In todayâ€™s fast paced world, people across disciplines are seeking technological solutions to their needs. Creative people are no exception. Finding time to pursue oneâ€™s creative interests can be difficult between work and personal obligations. Smartphones and tablets bring a solution to this time crunch, allowing creative to work at any convenient time during the day or night with a number of creative apps.
The number of apps continues to grow, with over a million apps available to iPhone and Android users alike. Many of these apps are specifically for artists. What are some of the best apps for you and other creative people?
Best Creative Apps
1. Artsy. It can be difficult to keep track of the arts and culture events happening where you live. Particularly if you live in New York City or a similar art metropolis, there are events happening every day. Keeping up to date on new and interesting work can be difficult without help. Artsy is the answer. Called â€œthe Pandora of art,â€ Artsy creates visual art â€œplaylistsâ€ according to your interests. Search by artist or keyword to find new art youâ€™ll love.
2. Typendium. Are fonts your interest? For graphic designers and typography enthusiasts, Typendium is an excellent app. Identify and learn the history of a wide variety of fonts and typefaces.
3. Geo Street Art. Graffiti and street art are growing in popularity around the world. Many travel to cities specifically to see street art in a trend called street art tourism. Geo Street Art offers a map of street art in your particular city. Take your friends to see your favorite pieces and even discover new work as it pops up around your city, or the city youâ€™re visit. Geo Street Art is particularly useful for New York City and London, as the maps are frequently updated.
4. Field. Interested in putting a new and original twist on your photography? Try Field. Field reacts to the colors and light in your photographs and translates them into sound. Turn your photographs into original mosaics of geometric patterns, sounds, and tones. If youâ€™re feeling stuck in a rut with your photography, Field can help you look at (and hear) your pictures from a new perspective. You may be surprised the direction your work will take as you consider it in a different light.
5. NY Art Beat. Seeing art on the screen isnâ€™t the same as seeing it in person. Fortunately, thereâ€™s an app for that as well. New York City is one of the most active art cities in the world. With NY Art Beat, stay apprised of openings and events at a number of New Yorkâ€™s galleries.
These are only a few of the apps for creative people and artists. With these and more original and useful apps, you can bring art into your life whenever you have time in your busy schedule. Discover with these, and similar apps, new work in local galleries like Park West Gallery, and find out whatâ€™s hip in your city.