Nikon Corporation (Michio Kariya, President) announced the development of Media Port UP. This groundbreaking device is a multimedia playback headset device that also supports Internet connection.
It sports a whole lot of features like display, headphones, mobile A/V player, Wi-Fi capability, high-capacity memory, and power source in a single compact unit, it is the first of its type.
Through it’s lay of features you can quickly see how the Media Port UP is geared for. Media fun whenever, wherever! 🙂
The first batch of these babies will only be available in Japan. But those who’d like it in time for the holidays can try ordering one online (plus shipping charges) at http://www.upstore.jp/ .
Here’s a quick peek at it’s summary of functions from their website:
- The single, compact unit allows for simple enjoyment of videos and music anyplace and anytime, while leaving the hands free to do other things.
- Enjoy image and video viewing with a sensation equivalent to that of viewing of a 50-inch large screen from a distance of three meters.
- An extremely compact and lightweight display that offers excellent image quality achieved with optics made possible through development and adoption of a new adhesion double-layer diffractive optical element (DOE) lens.
- The high-performance UP300x is equipped with a built-in motion sensor that allows for hands free operation, including volume adjustment, by moving the head up or down, left or right., with which videos/music can be selected, played, paused, etc. (Revised on October 10, 2008)
- The UP300x is equipped with an 8 GB internal memory while the UP300 offers 4 GB of internal memory.
- Designed with a high eyepoint and diopter adjustment so that even those who wear glasses will find the display easy to view.
- In addition to Web browsing via Internet connection using the built-in Wi-Fi function, media contents can also be downloaded.
- A service for UP users that allows for the distribution of video contents will be initiated. Users will be able to easily select desired contents and download media files to their UP for viewing and listening enjoyment.
- As Windows Media Player (WMP) files are also supported, compatible media files saved to a computer can also be transferred to a UP for viewing and listening enjoyment.