It’s a tough call, really… Â some would exclaim “at last, I’ve been waiting for video for too long”. Â Yet others would say “oh no, now who in his/her right mind would do video with a dSLR?” 🙂 Â Ultimately it’s the prosumers choice. Â Some pros want it, others dont.
Here’s a summary of the Nikon D90 specks:
- New 12.3 megapixel Nikon DX-format CMOS image sensor with Integrated Dust Reduction System.
- Low-noise from ISO 200 to 3200, ISO 6400 available.
- D-Movie mode records in 320 x 216, 640 x 424 or 1,280 x 720 in AVI format.
- Scene Recognition System based on 420 pixel RGB sensor for improved autofocus, autofocus and auto white balance, in addition to Face Detection.
- Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus with 11 AF points.
- 3-inch, VGA Live View LCD.
- 4.5 fps continuous shooting, 0.15 second startup, 65ms shutter release lag.
- SD / SDHC storage.
- HDMI output
- 5.2 x 4.1 x 3.0-inches.
- 1 pound 6 ounces without battery.
- $1,299 kit price.